Join WRJ this spring to “unmask your potential” at what is sure to be an unforgettable, in-person (re)union at the Fried Women’s Conference (FWC)!
When: Thursday, May 30th at 5:00pm CT through Sunday, June 2nd at 11:00am CT
Where: New Orleans, Louisiana
Who: All women, nonbinary, and genderqueer folks interested in WRJ and the Reform Jewish Movement, including new WRJ members, sisterhood leaders, WRJ Board members, Board alumnae, and more. First-timers are welcomed and encouraged to attend; a large percentage of FWC attendees are first-timers, and WRJ offers a ‘buddy’ matching program and extra information in advance, to make sure newbies are prepped and know friendly faces when they arrive at FWC. No matter your place in the Reform community, there is something for everyone at FWC!
What: WRJ’s flagship event, FWC is a multi-day experience to hone leadership skills, further Jewish learning, partake in women-led worship and music, and deepen connections with other sisterhoods, women, and WRJ at large. It is the perfect opportunity to enhance your personal growth, broaden your Jewish knowledge and spiritual horizons, learn about and connect (or reconnect) with WRJ, and gain or fine-tune skills that strengthen sisterhoods and Jewish communities. Attendees will participate in workshops and learning sessions, create connections and network with other Reform women, experience meaningful Shabbat worship and music, learn from experts and from each other, and enjoy time together with WRJ leaders and friends.
Why: FWC attendees will leave feeling rejuvenated and, with the support of their WRJ sisters, be better prepared with take-away learnings and actionable items to guide their own sisterhoods and serve as leaders in their communities and on a personal level.
How: This conference is possible in part by a generous gift from WRJ lifetime Board member Joanne B. Fried. Joanne’s funding allows WRJ to underwrite a substantial portion of the registration fees, allowing more women to experience FWC.
Registration will open in early 2024, so stay tuned!
The Fun Stuff:
What to expect over the four days:
- Learn more about WRJ’s impact and priority areas – Sisterhood, Spirituality, and Social Justice
- Experience the culture of New Orleans and Southern Judaism
- Get to know other WRJ women in a variety of settings
- Four blocks of workshops (30+ unique sessions to choose from)
- WRJ District gatherings
- Engaging keynote speakers addressing our 3 pillars – Sisterhood, Spirituality, and Social Justice
- YES (Youth, Education, & Special Projects) Fund program to see our collective impact firsthand
- Meaningful and moving Shabbat worship with a fabulous musician-in-residence (name to be revealed soon!), featuring the return of the popular WRJ Choir
- Torah study options
- Installation of WRJ’s new Executive Committee, Board, and Executive Director
- Networking and affinity groups to share ideas with women in similar roles and with common interests and challenges
- Fun evening programs to learn, play, and connect
- Programs to move, think, and reflect
- Optional offsite jazz lunch (more details to come)
- Registration will open in early 2024, and rates will be posted on this website later this year
- A limited number of scholarships will be available to cover the cost of registration (more details to come)
- Registration options will include the “Full” package (including all meals and programs from Thursday evening through Sunday morning) and the “Shabbat” package (Friday evening through Saturday afternoon).
- Discounted rates will be available for Young Adults ages 36 & under
- Health and safety (e.g., COVID-19) protocols will be in place; more details to come
Want to receive the latest WRJ news as soon as it is announced? Sign up here to join our mailing list.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 212-650-4050.
We can’t wait to have you join us in New Orleans!